- Attendance. Introductions and review syllabus
- Talk about Adobe login.
- We’re going to use both Adobe Animate (Flash) and ToonBoom Harmony & Storyboard Pro this semester. The last two programs were used to create Netflix’s animated movie Klaus.
- Here’s where you can get a monthly subscription to the animation software we’re using for $9/month https://store.toonboom.com/students
- Create a folder on Google Drive and share with me.
- Oscar-nominated short animations, Saturday, Feb. 1st, at noon at the Loft theater
- Talk about presentations, i.e. “industry reports”
- Demonstrate how to use Cintiqs and pen checkout process.
- Discuss history of animation, watch video
- Share physical and virtual examples of Zoetrope, 3D Zoetrope & Flipbook (Pixar), Thaumatrope, Praxinoscope
- Sketch the turnaround view of a character that you want to animate this semester. It can be black and white or color. Here’s a video of how to do it. Scan it in or take a digital picture of it that we can share with everyone during the next class. Upload it to your Google Drive folder. Due next class.
- Example below (click to enlarge):