- Attendance, introductions and review syllabus
- Create a Google Drive folder called “DAR256 your name” or “DAR257 your name” and share with me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Talk about presentations
- DAR256 students will need the book for this class. You are going to have to download the lesson files. You will need access to the Dreamweavaer software.
- Cintiqs and pen checkout process
- A brief history of web design
- History of web design infographic
Resources for you to check out on your own time
- We will watch the following video in class when there is time: PHP video
- Review the PHP tutorials up to and including PHP 5 Variables
- We will watch the following video in class when there is time: MySQL databases
- Buy the book for class (Adobe Dreamweaver Classroom in a Book 2018). You can get it on Amazon or at the bookstore.
- Look at the first chapter in the book. You will need to be at a computer that has Dreamweaver on it when looking at the book. Download the lesson files for this book.
- Do the first chapter (5 pages) of this online tutorial and then do the five simple exercises at the end of the chapter:
- Project 1a: Create a website mockup using this Photoshop template, Show what the page will look like in three formats: a mobile phone, a tablet and on a desktop computer. I suggest you do the mobile phone layout first. We’ll look at these next week.
- Access your WordPress website via the link I provided (I will send it in e-mail)
- Create a homepage for your website with text and graphics
- Put a title/logo on your homepage